Monday, January 28, 2008

President Gordon B. Hinckley

My mother called me around 10pm CST last night to let me know that our Prophet has passed away. A very surreal feeling came over me. Still this morning I am filled with sadness and a hint of disbelief.

I know that President Hinckley has joined his wife and is now happier than any of us mortals could possibly imagine. I also know that President Monson, who will be sustained as President of the Church, has been called of God to this office. The Church organization and priesthood continues without question.

But I am sad to lose the man who was Prophet of the Church when I first gained my true testimony of it. On my mission I often explained that before I gained a testimony of Joseph Smith I actually gained a testimony of Gordon B. Hinckley being the Lord's Prophet today.

His positivity and anti-cynical attitude torward the world was something I desperately needed and still need in my life.

He will be known for temple work, being involved in the erection of hundreds of temples, bringing these eternal blessings to the Saints of the world.

I love him and already find myself missing him.

No comments: