Friday, May 9, 2008

I'm Back!

Friends, after a long absence from the blogosphere I have returned. Our little family has been busy with the challenges of preparing for the upcoming arrival of our new baby daughter in August. It hasn't been easy on my bride and to make matters worse my work in undergoing many changes that have also required much of my time.

But alas, I'm back.

I do not have much to say besides I am amazed that Hillary Clinton continues to put her needs above those of the Democratic Party, but I am definately not surprised. It is hard to forsee her ever admitting defeat. I can imagine her trying to push through legal actions concerning Florida and Michigan past the November elections. A Clinton cannot stand to lose.

The War in Iraq continues. I received an email from a friend yesterday saying that we have captured the leader of Al Queda in Iraq, and that it boggles their mind that there are those that still question the war. While I accept that there will always be different points of view on this topic, it boggles my mind that their are many people that still wont admit that terrorism was not an issue in Iraq until AFTER we overthrew their government setting the stage for an insurgency. They tie 9/11 and Iraq together as having a cause and effect relationship that just isn't there. Stand up for the War in Iraq, but please do so with the facts, not the fabricated fear-mongering lie of the Bush Administration.

Our economic condition scares me. I want to be positive and see this as a recession that will be temporary. But their are so many factors with credit and investing that remind me of the Great Depression. And even though I support Obama, I can honestly say I don't think any of the three remaining candidates have the experience on economic issues to get my vote. My hope is that whoever wins will surround themselves with the best and brightest economic minds.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

guess we better start being good with our money situation huh. Thanks for looking at my sad lonely blog :)